Stanford University is recognized as one of the world's leading research and teaching institutions.
LUISS and Stanford University have a cooperation agreement in the field of Economics, Management, Business and Political Science.
LUISS students can take courses, held in English, during the Stanford Summer Term 2018, earning credits for those courses in their LUISS study plan.
The Stanford Summer Term program is a tuition fee program (students will pay the tuition fee to Stanford, apart from the normal tuition fees at LUISS).
LUISS students can take courses during the Stanford Summer Term after finishing their second year of courses at LUISS. These students will be registered at Stanford for eight weeks and must pay all fees directly to Stanford.
Details regarding prerequisites for participation, the application procedure, the selection process, deadlines, and further information, are contained in the call for applications.
LUISS Call for Applications: Timing
|Deadline to apply||February 6, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.|
|Selection results||by February 27, 2018 (TBC)|
|Confirmation of participation||Within one working day|
|Pre-departure orientation||End February 2018 (TBC)|
|Visa documents received by SST||by March 30, 2018|
|Axess opens for SST course registration||April 8, 2018|
|Submit housing application||Early May 2018|
|Arriving at Stanford||June 23, 2018|
|First day of instruction at Stanford||June 25, 2018|
|Final exams at Stanford||August 17 and August 18, 2018|
|Move-out||August 19, 2018|
For administrative issues, students should refer to the International Development Office (firstname.lastname@example.org – T: 06-85225657 – by appointment).
For academic issues, students should refer to:
- Professor Gianfranco Pellegrino, email: email@example.com (Political Science Department)
- Professor Raffaele Oriani, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Business and Management Department)
- Professor Sara Biagini, email: email@example.com (Economics and Finance Department)
Provisional list of Stanford courses
LUISS students, in order to earn credits for the courses taken at Stanford in the LUISS study plan, will have to comply with Stanford’s rules and conditions regarding credits, attendance, deadlines, etc. Students can choose two or three of the following courses at Stanford. They must reach a total of eight or nine Stanford Units. If they pass these units, they will be reflected in their LUISS study plan as a maximum of eight ECTS of elective courses, as well as additional credits for “Other activities,” in accordance with LUISS regulations.
Provisional list of courses
Have a look at the dedicated page on Stanford University website.
Costs and timeline
Below are the final costs for the 2018 Stanford Summer International Honors Program:
- 8 units undergraduate tuition: $8,712
- 8 units graduate tuition: $10,620
Stanford will apply a reduction of the 20% on the above amount to every student selected. The scholarship will be of $1,742 for undergraduate tuition and $2,124 graduate tuition.
- Housing for 8 weeks: On-campus residence: $2,187
- Dining for 8 weeks: 14 meals per week, $1,531
- Health insurance (Cardinal Care): $1,242 (may be waived with approved documentation)
- Campus health services fee: $210
- Document fee: $125
- Technology fee: $69
- Welcome reception
- Access to Summer Academic Resource Center (SARC)
- Academic orientation and ongoing tutoring for many courses
- Social and cultural activities, including field trips
- Information about graduate programs at Stanford
- 24 hour internet access including email accounts at Stanford University
- Access to Stanford’s world-class athletic facilities
- Access to Marguerite Shuttle for transportation around campus
- Double occupancy room accommodations on-campus
- Housing includes bed, desk, wardrobe, and access to laundry facilities
- 14 meals per week during 8 weeks
Costs Do Not Include:
- Transportation to or from home country or any other point of departure
- to or from Stanford University
- Additional units elected by the student
- Additional meals
- Books and supplies
- Public transportation
- I-20 processing fee paid by student directly to the Summer Session Office during the application process: $150
- SEVIS and Visa fees paid directly by student when applying for a visa
Special Programs not included:
Silicon Valley Innovation Academy (SVIA)
- Enterprise program: $1,200