The Fordham Law Summer Institute program is offered to students and graduates with an interest in U.S. law.
LUISS students applying to this program will be registered at the Fordham Law Summer Institute for 3 weeks (July 3-21, 2017) and will earn 4 or 5 ECTS credits as “Other Activities” ”(‘altre attività’: tirocini, seminario ad indirizzo professionale, ulteriori lingue, etc.) in their LUISS study plan. They will also be awarded a certificate of completion from Fordham Law Summer Institute. All courses will be held in English.
The Fordham Law Summer Institute program is a tuition fee program (students will pay the tuition fee to Fordham, apart from the normal tuition fees at LUISS).
Studying at Fordham Law Summer Institute
LUISS students who attend the Fordham Summer Institute Program during the Summer 2017, will have access to the following topics and activities (this list will be confirmed by Fordham later on) and may also have the opportunity to visit some of the most prestigious New York City legal firms.
- Bankruptcy Law
- Civil Procedure
- Constitutional Law
- Contract Law
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Compliance
- Evidence and Trial Practice
- Information Technology Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Arbitration
- Labor & Employment Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Product Liability Law
- Securities Regulation
- U.S. Legal System
- Tax Law & Policy
Legal English workshops
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Memorandum Drafting
- Litigation Documents
- Legal Research
- Applying to the LL.M. Program
- Preparing for the U.S. LL.M. Experience
Fordham is located in the heart of Manhattan, a few steps away from Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Central Park, and the theaters, clubs, museums, shopping and restaurants that make New York City the nation’s cultural capital. During their stay, students will also take part in the following extracurricular activities:
- An opening welcome reception;
- Visits to a federal court and a New York City law firm;
- A picnic in Central Park;
- A closing ceremony and dinner;
- Participants are also invited to attend a Broadway performance (an additional charge applies).
Fordham Law Summer Institute Fees
This is a fee-based program. Fees are listed below:
- Program with no accommodations: $2,750
- Program with double-occupancy accommodations: $4,750
- Program with single-occupancy accommodations: $5,750
- Welcome and introduction session;
- Academic orientation and ongoing tutoring for many courses;
- Social and cultural activities as indicated on the program website;
- Course materials;
- Housing (where indicated);
- Lunch on most weekdays.
- Transport to or from ltaly or any other point of departure to or from Fordham;
- Health insurance;
- Textbooks and teaching materials;
- Housing and other costs of living (where not indicated);
- Local transportation;
- Any other expenses associated with participation in the program.
Billing information and payment options are available on the program's website. LUISS students shall make payments directly to Fordham.
Procedure and deadlines
Interested students must apply directly to Fordham web page.
After applying please send a copy of your application to the International Development Office at the following email address: email@example.com