LUISS has one Erasmus teaching grant available for the 2014/2015 academic year, to be allocated to one of the following faculty members currently working at LUISS:
- Associate professor
- Full professor
Grants are assigned exclusively for a teaching abroad assignment at a LUISS Erasmus partner institution.
The provost will decide who to assign the grant to by March 2015 (TBC). This decision is irrevocable. Priority will be given to applications according to the following criteria:
- Mobility where the professor’s teaching assignment will be fully integrated into the host institution’s study program;
- Mobility which leads to the production of new teaching material;
- Mobility which will be used to consolidate and augment relationships among departments and faculties, and which will pave the way for future cooperation.
Moreover, the provost will positively consider:
- Applications from professors who have not previously taken part in mobility programs;
- Applications for teaching assignments with potential strategic partners of LUISS;
- Applications from junior candidates, especially full professors and researchers;
The selection will be finalized based on the provost’s evaluation. This decision is irrevocable.
The period abroad must be done by September 30, 2015.
The period of mobility must last for a minimum of 2 days and include a minimum of 8 hours of lectures. The mobility period cannot last more than 2 months.
The maximum amount of the grant is € 1161.00. The grant will cover both the cost of the mobility and travel expenses. The cost of the mobility is calculated on the basis of a fixed-rate chart and depends on the length of stay (number of days). Travel expenses will be added to this amount, and calculated on the basis of a fixed-rate chart, depending on the distance traveled. The travel distances must be calculated using the distance calculator available on the Erasmus + website. This information is available in the professor/home institution agreement, available in the links below.
Mobility for teaching staff without grants is also allowed by the program.
Before leaving, the professor (categories indicated above) will prepare a teaching program indicating objectives, the added value of the mobility, the teaching content and expected outcome, to be presented and signed by both the home and host institution, in order to be eligible for the program. They will also sign an agreement with the home institution.
During the mobility the professor must have the certificate from the host institution stating the duration and scope of the mobility.
At the end of the mobility the professor will prepare, within 30 days of returning, a report on the goals achieved by filling out an online questionnaire. Please note that the grant will not be issued until all necessary documents are completed.
- LUISS Erasmus Partners for ERASMUS Staff Mobility for Teaching Assignments
- Professor/home institution agreement
- Staff Mobility for Teaching Mobility Agreement
Viale Romania, 32
T 06 85225740